Staying With Us
Hospitality House of Charlotte provides more than just a place to stay for families experiencing a medical crisis. Its close proximity to the area's largest hospitals – Presbyterian Hospital and Carolinas Medical Center – gives comfort to our guests in knowing their loved one is nearby, as well as peace of mind to the patient in knowing their loved ones are in a safe, comfortable place. Staff and volunteers are on-site at all times to lend a supportive ear and answer questions.
We have two programs for our guests.
Overnight Guest Program
We provide a safe, affordable place for our overnight guests to rest. All of our 22 rooms have two twin beds and a private bath. Our overnight guests also have access to all our first-floor amenities which include:
- Large double kitchen
- 2 computers with free internet/Wi-Fi
- Family room with TV
- Complimentary laundry facilities (with supplies) on each of 3 floors
There is a fee of $40 per room, per night. Each guest must prepay for their stay. Payment methods include: cash or credit card.
Day Guest Program
For guests who prefer to stay in the hospital room with their loved one, our Day Guest Program provides a place to shower and do laundry. Basic toiletries and laundry supplies are provided. Day Guests need to simply get a referral faxed to HHOC from their healthcare provider (i.e. case manager, social worker, nurse, etc.) then contact HHOC at 704.376.0060 to set up an appointment. Appointments are scheduled every 2 hours from 9am – 9pm. There is no cost to use this service.
Other Important Information
- We are located within two miles of Presbyterian Hospital and across from Carolinas Medical Center and their respective affiliated clinical-care facilities.
- We provide covered and secure parking next to the House, free of charge.
- We are completely handicapped-accessible and equipped.
- We help arrange transportation between the hospital and the house for anyone requiring assistance.
- Rooms include: bed linens, blankets, towels, personal toiletries, a hair dryer, as well as a TV.
- We offer a play area for children.
- We are within walking distance to many retail stores, including a grocery store, many restaurants and several houses of worship.
Requirements for Staying at Hospitality House of Charlotte
- Guests must have a referral from a local area hospital or doctor’s office. Referrals may be obtained from a patient representative, social worker, chaplain or a nurse.
- Guests must provide a state, government or military issued photo ID, along with current mailing address.
- Guests must live outside of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
- There is a fee of $40 per room, per night (which defrays a portion of the actual cost to Hospitality House of Charlotte). Each guest must prepay for their stay. Payment methods include: cash or credit card.
- Overnight guests may check in at 3:00pm. Checkout is before noon.
For further information about staying at HHoC, please email our Operations Manager at email@example.com or call 704.376.0060, extension 8.